At the Comic Con Experience 2017 in São Paulo, Brazil, Warner Bros. announced their current slate for upcoming DC Extended Universe movies. It was mostly the same as the ones that they have been pushing in recent months—aside from Aquaman, which has finished filming, they are Shazam, Wonder Woman 2, Suicide Squad 2, The Batman, Batgirl, Flashpoint, Green Lanterns Corps and Justice League Dark.
Good luck keeping track of them all, since Warner Bros., or those associated with them, keep announcing more and more movies, as though throwing things at the walls to see what will stick. Here are some of the other films that the DCEU has teased but which may or may not be coming out anytime soon:
- Justice League 2: The current strategy seems to be to focus on solo films, especially since the first big team-up disappointed at the box office. Then again, its tease of a supervillain team proved popular, so they may still be planning to make this at some point.
- Black Adam: Originally scheduled before Shazam, star Dwayne Johnson still seems to be planning on this one, with Adam Sztykiel confirmed to be working on a screenplay.
- A squad of Suicide Squad follow-ups: We hear you like Harley, so we put some Harley in your Harley! Margot Robbie’s character is supposedly going to be in a solo film, Joker and Harley Quinn, Gotham City Sirens AND an actual Suicide Squad sequel. Also, Will Smith’s Deadshot may be getting a film, though not much has been announced about it.
- Man of Steel 2: Was originally replaced with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Henry Cavill is still contracted for at least one more DCEU film, so will they give him another solo entry now that he’s been resurrected (and rendered more friendly) by Justice League?
- Nightwing: Chris McKay has been signed up to direct, and he says that there may be news, including casting announcements, around February.
- Cyborg: Taken off the slate, making him the only Justice League member without a film.
- Joker origin movie: This one has always been confusing, since it supposedly will not even be a DCEU entry anyway.