The Anticipated Move for Nabil Fekir to Liverpool from Lyon Has Been Called Off

0
97

The French club, Lyon Football Club, announced that their negotiation with Liverpool over the move for Midfielder Nabil Fekir had been called off. The French side Lyon proposed a 60 million Euros transfer fee for the midfielder. However, the two clubs never came to a mutual understanding calling off any possibilities of the superstar leaving Lyon before the 2018 world cup tournament. The Ligue 1 club made a statement on Saturday that there were talks with the champion’s league finalist Liverpool club over the transfer move for midfielder Nabil Fekir. According to Liverpool, they had agreed to a 60 million euros fee for the 24-year-old superstar.

Nabil Fekir underwent medical tests on Friday. This was according to a statement by the FA President Noel Le Graet. However, reports in France claimed that the Champions league finalist had made attempts of lowering the negotiated transfer fee. This triggered the Ligue 1 club, Lyon, to completely pull the plug on the deal. According to statements, Liverpool remained the primary focus and priority of a possible transfer for the midfielder Nabil Fekir. Olympique Lyonnais were on the other side delighted to extend their ambitions of having the player in the club. The club reported that the player could be crucial when they play Champions League in the 2018/2019 season.

Liverpool was so keen to sign the midfielder who would serve as a replacement for Brazilian Philippe Coutinho. The Brazilian left the Reds during the January transfer period to join the Spanish giants Barcelona for a fee of 142 million euros. Doubts were rendering the whole deal as to whether Fekir could pass medical tests at Anfield. This is because the superstar had a knee injury. However, this is currently irrelevant as the French side has called off the deal.

According to other reports in France, the Association’s President Noel Le Graet had said that the deal was almost being completed. This was before Lyon announced the deal was called off. The president had spoken to the player on Saturday morning. The two conversed regarding Fekir’s medical tests at Anfield. Nabil Fekir told the president that he had passed the tests. It’s not yet sure if the results of the Medical tests would have influenced the talks between the two clubs to collapse. Nabil Fekir won’t be able to withstand the pressure in France’s world cup campaign. He faces very challenging battles with a midfield packed with very experienced talents like N’Golo Kante, Paul Pogba and Corentin Tolisso.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here